Loaded Nacho Fries Recipe
July 14, 2021
We can almost bet that you’re a fan of a huge, loaded plate of nachos. Melty cheese, hot sauce, maybe some guacamole… oh yeah. But have you ever wondered what it would be like to step it up a notch?
Well, we got a little creative in the kitchen and decided to replace the nacho base with french fries, and let me you – just when you think you can’t make a classic any better, we found a way.
Here’s a super simple recipe that will turn your favourite snackable into a full-on meal!
- Your favourite style of french fries (we recommend a thick, crinkle-cut fry – it holds more toppings!)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
Here are some recommendations, but you can get as creative as you want with your toppings!
- Ground beef (100% Grass-Fed, of course!)
- BBQ sauce
- Shredded cheese
- Sour cream
- Hot sauce
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Place french fries on a baking sheet and lightly cover in 1 tsp olive oil
- Use salt and pepper to season
- Cook the fries for about 30 minutes, flipping them halfway
- While the fries are baking, put ground beef into a frying pan
- Add salt, pepper, and some BBQ sauce to the mix and cook for approx. 10 minutes (until brown)
- Remove the fries from the oven and let them sit for a few minutes so they have a chance to harden
- Place as many fries as you want on a plate and get ready to add toppings!
- Top with ground beef, shredded cheese, salsa, jalapeños, and hot sauce.
- Pop your plate in the microwave for 30 seconds to heat up your toppings and melt the cheese.
- Grab a fork and enjoy!
Add any type of ground meat to your next box and try this recipe out. We use ground beef, but why not try ground pork, chicken, or lamb!