Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe
July 21, 2021
There’s something so comforting about a plate of spaghetti topped with a hearty meat sauce, isn’t there? The tangy tomatoes and juicy ground beef coating a perfectly al dente noodle – of course, topped with a sprinkling of parmesan cheese.
Next time you customize your NIKU Farms box, add a pound of ground beef and try this recipe at home!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Serves: 4-6 people
- 1lb spaghetti
- 1lb ground beef
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 tsp powdered onion
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, add the tomato sauce, crushes tomatoes, tomato paste, ground beef, and all of the spices. Stir for one minute, or until fully mixed.
- While the sauce is heating up, chop the yellow onion. Start boiling water in a second pot for the spaghetti.
- Add the onion, minced garlic, and all of the dry spices to the sauce.
- Let the sauce sit on medium heat for 20 minutes. Stir every 5 minutes or so, to ensure heat distribution is even and that the sauce doesn’t burn on the bottom of the pan.
- Once the water in your second pot is boiling, add your spaghetti and a dash of salt, and cook for 8 minutes, or until al dente. You can do this while the sauce is simmering.
- Remove the bay leaves from the sauce pot.
- Strain the spaghetti through a colliander and then add it to your sauce.
- Mix to coat with the sauce.
- Divide your spaghetti into serving bowls and add the parmesan cheese to your preference.
Not a fan of beef? You can get creative and try ground pork, ground chicken, or maybe ground bison! Take a look at all of the options our partner farms provide.