Paleo Chicken Tenders
August 8, 2019
Chicken tenders are a classic family favourite meal, evoking nostalgic memories from our childhood. Our friend (and NIKU Farms customer), Lauren Scapillati, has upgraded them with a twist: these amazing looking chicken tenders are paleo friendly! Lauren loves our pasture-raised chicken, and she uses it in this recipe. Order your own box today!
Lauren Scapillati is a culinary nutrition expert and holistic health coach living in Toronto. Check out her website here, follow her on Instagram here, and check out her recipe below!
2 pasture-raised chicken breasts
1/2c almond flour
1/4c coconut flour
1 tsp paprika
1-2 tsp pink salt
A few shakes of the @primalpalate meat seasoning blend.
1 pastured egg
1 tbsp coconut or avocado oil
Optional dipping sauce: @motherraw nut-free & dairy-free cheese sauce.
- Add your oil to a skillet and let it heat up (but keep on low).
- In a wide shallow bowl, mix together the flours and spices.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg.
- Cut the NIKU Farms pasture raised chicken into thin strips and dip each one into 1) the egg mix and then 2) the flour mix.
- Make sure the chicken is well-coated in the flours, and then place it onto the hot skillet.
- Let it cook through (maybe 5-7 minutes) and then flip.
- Repeat this process for all of your tenders, until the pan is full.
- Make sure to cut into the thickest piece to ensure it’s fully cooked.
- Serve with dipping sauce and enjoy!